Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"I'm Not Weird, I Have SPD"


Hello sweet friends and loved ones,
This is an amazing book. Since Kory is reaching the age that he is well aware of people and their perceptions and reactions to him, I found this book to be relatively good in helping him navigate his way (together with lots of mommy love) through this new season in his life.
There have been countless times that I can see in his precious big blue eyes that he feels a little different in larger groups of children. And then of course, the "looks" from other parents or adults that come my when he struggles to process what is going on around him, thus resulting in loud talking or aggressive behavior.
The more research I have done, the more I am finding out that there are so many supportive websites and blogs from other mommy's and families. This particular book came across my time on the computer through http://www.eileenparker.com This website has been very helpful in many ways and I just want to thank Ms Parker for taking time to write and allow us all a window into her life. May God's blessings be showered upon you as you continue to help us all unravel this "mystery".
In His Grip,
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment